Tuesday, December 29, 2015

ANNUAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS CHRISTMAS GREETING CARD DESIGN FOR 2015 REVEALED

Hey guys...it's Loren here.  Christmas has come and gone and everyone has received their card. Now it's time to reveal this year's Annual Family and Friends Christmas Greeting Card Design for 2015!
This year's design was a difficult choice because I was not up to the task. Usually, I have a little bit of a hard time feeling like I can get the design done in a short amount of time.  I feel the pressure to do it every year even though I always say, "I don't feel up to it this year or I say " there is just not enough time to compete it!" 
I started the design with a drawing and idea that I had created from a few months back.  I decided that I was not going to use the idea because I wasn't sure I could make it work out, so I began working on other ideas.  Eventually, I came back to this idea over and over and in the end, the Santa with his butt hanging out at the chimney was calling to me to create it. 
Creating this design began with ink drawings and pencil drawings.  I decided that I did not like the pencil, so I went with the ink. I drew about three or four different ink drawings and settled on one.  I wasn't feeling so confident about the drawing but plowed ahead.  I scanned one drawing intro the computer and I cleaned it up some.  Then I cropped it at the right angle and popped in some colors.  I printed it out and created a prototype to make sure it worked right.  Next, I created my layout to go to the printer with one card and another with the 'butt' shape that would go on top. I cut out the card on my guillotine cutter and hand cut the 'butt'.  Then I folded thin strips of card stock and glued them onto the card and 'butt'.  There are two paper folds and each one is folded in a different direction.  This made the 'butt' cutout pop out and shake a little.  The design is a pop-up of sorts.
 
I hope you enjoy seeing the design and reading about how it was created for 2015?  Happy New Year to everyone and see you in 2016!
Cheers,
Loren
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello