Wednesday, July 27, 2016

NEW LANDSCAPES POSTED ON BLOG

'THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE'           28x22       acrylic on canvas   (c) Loren Fidalgo 2016
Hey guys...it's Loren here.  I'm posting to let you know that I have listed some landscapes and water scapes on my blog.
   
I'm excited about this new body of work.  It is a subject matter that I was not familiar with and I love working on these paintings.  I have been experimenting with lots of texture and loads of color. Reflections, light, skies and water are some of the elements in these paintings.  Dark and light are also revealed.. All paintings are painted with a palette knife which is how I achieve the textural effects and marks..  No brush.I have been using a palette knife for a long time now and I have now begun using my palette knife as a brush, moving it and the paint around the canvas. There a lot of energy and emotion in these pieces, which I really love the process of painting them.

I am enjoying this new body of work.  It is a subject matter that I was not familiar with and I love working on these paintings.

Stay tuned in because there are more landscapes coming soon.
Cheers,
Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello