Monday, July 25, 2011

MY VERY FIRST PAINTING IN PAINTING CLASS

I wanted to share with you, my very first painting that I painted after my head injury in Ceramics class 3 years ago. 

This painting is simply black and white with lots and lots of texture and was even more of a challenge for me. It stretched my abilities to a place I didn't know or go before.  As I mentioned in another post, I had been used to creating in bright, bold and saturated colors.  Another unusual thing was that I painted the entire painting with a palette knife. It did not occur to me to use a brush.  The palette knife seemed natural and familiar, although I had only used it on two paintings that I attempted back in the day, somewhere's 1992-1993 ish!

CARDBOARD TUBES IN BLACK AND WHITE
OIL ON CANVAS 16x20
(c) Loren Fidalgo 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello