Wednesday, March 12, 2014

MY NEW PAINTING 'GOING PLACES' WINS AN AWARD


 My painting 'GOING PLACES' took Honortable Mention in Fleisher's 116 Annual Student Exhibition in Philadelphia. Pa.    This painting is 24x30 and is oil on canvas.

I really enjoyed creating this painting from beginning to the end.  There were challenges along the way, because the display set up changes slightly every week.  It was tricky to know which version of the still life that I was going to commit to.  The third week of the painting set up, I was pretty much on my own interpreting the arrangement to complete it.  I tried not to focus so heavily on looking at the still life arrangement, and used my own judgement, memory and imagination.  I am really happy with how it has evolved and satisfied that I put all my skill and emotion into it.

Leave a comment and let me know what you feel about this painting?  I would love to hear feedback and insight.
Thanks for reading this post.
Cheers,
Loren


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello