Monday, October 24, 2016

STILL LIFE EXHIBIT OPENING SOON!!



Hey guys... it';s Loren here.  I wanted to let everyone know that I am having a solo exhibit of my still life paintings at Christopher's: A Neighborhood Place 335 E. Kings Street in Malvern, PA.  The show will be up from Nov 1st to Nov 30th.  The reception, "meet the artist" will be held on Monday Nov 14th, 6 pm to 8 pm.

I am so excited about showing this body of work because it is very meaningful and close to my heart. Lot's of things happened personally and emotionally when I began painting.  Since I began my 'calling' and journey into painting some 8 years ago, I started and dove into painting still lives.   I started painting with a palette knife and it didn't occur to me to use a brush!  So, I used the palette knife like a brush and painted like there was 'no tomorrow'! 

It is so interesting to me because in my early years in college at Moore College of Art & Design, I studied Graphic Design and Advertising in the 80's.  I didn't have any interest or longing to paint much less still lives!   I hated the smell of the linseed oil and turpentine!  So after my head injury and my compelling need and desire to paint, I was shocked more that anyone to come to understand that I had this deep hidden need to paint and to paint still lives to boot!  Go figure!! 

So, the opening of my show is coming soon and I can hardly, hardly contain my heart and soul..  I think this will be an awesome show and I would love to see you at the reception if you are in the area.  Come say 'hello' and have a glass of wine and enjoy the energy and emotiuon in the space.
Cheers,
Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello