Friday, October 7, 2011

A NEW TO YOU YET SOMEWHAT OLDER PAINTING

THE BEAT OF THE HEART
OIL ON CANVAS  30x40
(c) Loren Fidalgo 2010

 I wanted to touch base with everyone and share a new yet old painting.  This painting is called "THE BEAT OF THE HEART". Initially, I wanted to title it, "THE WATCHER", however, I decided that the new title expresses more of my feelings about this painting.  What do you think?  
This painting is painted with oil on stretched canvas.  The size is 30 x 40 and one of my favorite sizes to paint on.

I feature birds in a lot of my fantasy paintings.  I love the free flowing form of them in flight and I especially love their wings.  I love painting their wings.  I also love the idea of the birds being able to move so easily from place to place.  Ahhh... what I would do if I could only fly!

Currently, the most significant thing is how the expression of the birds made their way into some of the final words I had with my Mom before she passed away in May 2011.  When my Mom could no longer speak, I told her to, "fly high and like a bird when you are ready Mom.  Just fly."  Now whenever I see a bird, I think of her and feel that maybe she is around me.  Soon, I will be starting a new blog about my my Mom and my relationship with her.  It will be titled, MY MOM MATTERS and it will feature all the memories, stories and poignant things that have entered my life since I found my Mom.  It will surely be chockfull of so many experiences, some joyful, some profound and some very emotional and sad. So, keep checking back for a post about the opening of this new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello